Rwanda Permanent Secretaries and Director Generals reshuffles
Kigali – The Wednesday’s cabinet meeting made appointments of Permanent Secretaries and announced major changes in top government institutions.
● Pascal Bizimana Rugemintwari is appointed Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Justice replacing Esperance Nyirasafari.
● Antoine Ruvebana takes over as Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Disaster Preparedness and Refugee Affairs
● Caroline Kayonga is transferred to the newly merged Ministry of Natural Resources.
● Edward Kalisa, the former Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youth is appointed the Permanent Secretary in the newly merged Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture.
● Col. Alloys G. Muganga, the former commandant of Rwanda Military Academy Gako in Eastern Province is appointed Defence Liaison Officer at the East African Community
● Former Police boss, Brig. Gen. Andrew Rwigamba, takes over the post of Director General in charge of Foreign Military Relations and Cooperation at the Ministry of Defence, after several years sitting at home.
● Dr. Alphonse Ngagi is appointed Chair of the Board of Directors at The National Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD)
● Prof. Nick Johnson is appointed the Rector of the National Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD).
● Prof. Shem Martin Ndabikunze is now Director General of Rwanda Agriculture Board (RAB)
● Dr. Dafrose Gahakwa is named Deputy Director General of Rwanda Agriculture Research Institute (ISAR).
● Dr. Theogene Rutagwenda, the former Director General Rwanda Animal Resources Development Authority (RARDA) is appointed Director General of Animal Resources in the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources.
● Alex Kanyankore, the former Director General of the Coffee Development Authority (OCIR-CAFÉ) is now the Director General National Agriculture Export Board.
● Joy Ntare is Rwanda’s representative to the African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI).