Rwanda: Me Ntaganda confirmed as Chair by PS-Imberakuri Congress
RESOLUTIONS OF THE EXTRAORDINARY NATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE SOCIAL PARTY (PS-IMBERAKURI) HELD ON April 4, 2010.
Under the Basic Law of the Social Democratic Party PS-Imberakuri, an Extraordinary National Congress was held in Kigali on 4/4/2010. After reviewing the serious problems currently facing the Rwanda, the Extraordinary National Congress of the PS-Imberakuri party came out with the following resolutions:
1. The PS-Imberakuri party invites all its members to participate with all Rwandans to the planned activities during this period of mourning to honor victims of the genocide against Tutsi occurred in April 1994.
2. The PS–Imberakuri party is willing to participate into constructive discussions with the ruling party, the Rwandan Patriotic Front, RPF-Inkotanyi provided that the discussions and debates are performed in a climate of mutual respect and understanding.
3. The PS-Imberakuri party condemns with all its energies the harassments of any kind towards its members.
4. The PS-Imberakuri party calls some of its members who have strayed from the ideals of the party to return into the ranks so that together we continue the struggle for democracy to flourish in Rwanda.
1. The participants in the Extraordinary National Congress of the PS – Imberakuri party reaffirm that Me Bernard NTAGANDA is the founding president of the PS-Imberakuri party and that all members support Me Ntaganda as the party candidate for the presidential elections to be held in August 2010.
2. The PS-Imberakuri party reiterates its determination to be part of the Electoral Commission as a legal opposition political party toward the government in Kigali, and this must be done unconditionally.
3. The participants in the Extraordinary National Congress of the PS-Imberakuri party have decided to terminate, with immediate effect, the membership of Mrs. Christine MUKABUNANI for treason she engaged herself in, in collaboration with former members of the party and with the clear support of the ruling RPF – Inkotanyi party. Therefore, starting April 4, 2010, Mrs. Christine MUKABUNANI is no longer Vice President of the PS-Imberakuri party and all her rights and privileges as prescribed by the Basic Law and other laws and regulations governing the PS–Imberakuri party are terminated.
Done in Kigali, April 4, 2010
Founding President of the PS-IMBERAKURI
Me Bernard Ntaganda (Signed)