Invitation to Demonstration for Postponment of Rwandan Presidential Elections
Following the excessive and repeated violations human rights, assassinations, and arbitrary arrests followed by tortures, as well as the unjust exclusion of the political opponents of the presidential elections of next August, the Rwandan Civil Society in Belgium (SOCIRWA) in collaboration with:
– Hotel Rwanda Rusesabagina Foundation (HRRF),
– the Steering Committee of the Highly Inclusive Inter-Rwandan Dialogue – DIRHI – project)
A LARGE DEMONSTRATION EVENT: POSTPONEMENT OF ELECTION IN RWANDA SCHEDULED ON 9/8/2010
WHEN: Tuesday, 13 July 2010
WHERE: Rue de la Loi n ° 175, 1000 Brussels (Turnabout Schuman) against the headquarters of the European Union.
Ask the authorities of the European Union:
• To demand the postponement of elections in Rwanda scheduled on 09
• To demand the release of political prisoners in Rwanda including (Bernard Ntaganda, Deo Mushayidi, Victoire Ingabire, several members of the opposition party, etc..)
• To recommend the amendment in Rwanda, or even repeal repressive laws and vague like those on the ideology of genocide and sectarianism;
• To support the process of the Highly Inclusive Inter-Rwandan Dialogue to prevent new conflicts in Central Africa.
13h00 to 13h30 : Meet at the Turnabout Schuman and handed a memorandum to the office of Catherine Ashton, the EU High Commissioner for Foreign and Security Policies
15h00 : Closing remarks addressed to the demonstrators
Responsible organizer : SOCIRWA – GSM +32487616651 or +32475672583.